I saw some of the blogs I follow do this so I figure I will do it as well since it’s fun.
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Without a doubt Simon from Gurren Lagann, easily the best hero in the history of anime. Kamina is close but Simon had the epic story of a rise to greatness from nothing and became the hero of the universe, Kamina is more for the crowd who needs their heroes perfect from the start which I find harder to get attached to. Even the ending given to Simon was for a legend among legends.
2. Who is your favorite female anime character?
hahahahahaha I wonder? Well for those who don’t know it’s Ranka far and away, it’s not even close. She is just wonderful, sweet, cute, amazing and has the voice of an angel. Rather the better question to ask is why is your favorite female anime character not Ranka? Sure moe is common but Ranka is not, there are some that are similar and there is even Minmay but no one has all the combinations she does. People say Sheryl is more rare but honestly I disagree, I’ve seen 600+ unique anime shows and I’ve never seen someone so uniquely wonderful.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
Macross F I guess, the movies and TV combined because I couldn’t pick one or the other. Sayonara no Tsubasa would have probably won easily if certain tracks didn’t make me too sad and/or rage due to the horrible ending. Also can’t say I love the stuff done by M’yan anymore, this is mostly residue left by the bitter taste in my mouth given to me by fans with poor taste and attitude. haha I love Cowboy Bebop and Wolf’s Rain as well. You might say I just love anything done by Yoko Kanno.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
This one is impossible, I love so many but I’ll go with Eureka Seven OP 4. I love that mix of Amazing Grace. I also love many of the OP’s Round Table feat Nino have done such as Welcome to NHK.
5. What is your favorite anime ending + animation?
Equally as hard, I’ll go with K-On!! No Thank You. I really have no favorite but this is the first one I saw of my batch of favorites. lol
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Look at my banner, I think it’s pretty obvious it’s Ranka’s concert in Sayonara no Tsubasa. It actually might not be true, I plan to do a post of my favorite scenes in anime in the future so you can read more there when I do it.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Ranka, next question.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Well my name is Reki because she is like another me in many ways. Go watch Haibane Renmei if you haven’t. One of the best shows in anime history.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
Hmm cute girls? 😄 Well I’ve always loved the animation style of anime, stories were so interesting compared to western works which is the main reason I fell in love with anime though.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Love triangles, why must every show have a love triangle in it! It’s become such a cheap and easy way to add drama. Why did my favorite anime character in the world have to fall victim to a silly love triangle. Going to go rage about this for an hour brb. lol
11. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Well I’m guessing you’d probably think Ranka and Alto but honestly I don’t think so. I mean I really more support Ranka and I welcome Alto because he cares deeply for Ranka and they make a cute couple that works well. But well I’m no fan of Alto outside of his caring for Ranka, I’d probably drop him like a fly for another guy if Ranka ever found someone who was good for her. So going with Keiichi and Belldandy even though they are the slowest couple in anime history but they are very sweet together and I like them both a lot. Best part is there is none of this love triangle business in Ah My Goddess.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Does this guy count?
13. What anime would make a good game?
14. What game would make a good anime?
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
I will leave out the stuff I watched as a child and go with Ninja Scroll. I was “woah all this mature stuff in a cartoon” at the time. The anime that made me fall in love with anime was Gundam Wing though shameful to say cause although I haven’t watched it since then I’m pretty sure it was a bad anime now. But I still remember that day I believe I saw like episode 40 and I just thought the whole time “wow this is good television” and I haven’t looked back since.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I hope not, I think the older I get the more self-conscious I will feel about watching it though since other people seem to think it’s gross when they see “this guy that is 40 buying anime.” I’m not 40 I just have seen people say this before.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Slice of life comedy is the most enjoyable. I like Mecha as well depending on the kind of show.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Sports, never been into sports anime for some reason.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Maybe one day, there are many things I want to see there.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Sayonara no Tsubasa. Let’s see I was waiting on this movie like it was the only thing I cared about for all of 2011. I listen to the soundtrack of it repetitively until it was my favorite soundtrack before I even saw the movie. I practically fell in love with Ranka in the middle of it she was so amazing. And then during the climax where I assumed there was no way they would be big jerks to turn a fun movie into something evil they turn Ranka into the loser and make her friends all disappear and it ends with a lonely Ranka. I still can’t listen to the soundtrack like I use to and that makes me rage by far the most. I will never let it go unless they come back and give her something in the future.
22. What anime was better than you expected?
Too many to count but I’d say Welcome to the NHK. I skipped this initially, was told several times it was great and still never bothered and years or so later when I finally watched it it becomes one of my favorites.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Probably the battles at the end of Gurren Lagann, I’m a sucker for epic large scale stuff.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
rofl next question.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Mario or Link games when I was really young, Final Fantasy series as a teenager.
26. Most embarrassing moment?
My entire life. lol
27. a) Can you drive?
27. b) Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
I’m rated X
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Ranka-puppy and Azunyan
31. Describe yourself physically.
I look like a Brazilian supermodel
32. What would you name your first child?
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I cut my thumb once, made doing certain things hard. trololol
34. What is your worst habit?
Touching my sexy beautiful face.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
again what does this have to do with anime?
36. Do you have a tattoo?
life-sized magical girl Ranka on my back.
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
yes…graveyard shift sucks. seriously who made these questions.
39. Do you regret anything?
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
My hand is the only friend I need.
41. Do you wear glasses?
42. Are you a picky eater?
I use a fork.
43. Would you die for someone?
I would without question die for Ranka if she existed in the same world as me and I am serious.
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To turn reality into anime.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
witty answer here.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
I would rather be FAB-U-LUS!
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
is my love of Ranka a crime?
48. Time traveler or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I wish there was a certain person in real life who had a crush on me but she doesn’t.
50. Are you in a relationship?
MAI WAIFU FOR RAIFU (hahahahaha I STOLE IT YAKURI!)